You have also brought happiness and hope in this time of pandemic, which has confined the elderly in our community for too long. Once again, thank you, and I assure you to praise your cheese P’tit Québec in our region.
President of the Club de l’Amitié
In small towns across Québec, many small projects go unfinished due to a lack of funding and resources. P’tit Québec saw this as an opportunity to help. “P’tits Projets pas si P’tits” is an initiative which envisions empowering communities one stop at a time. The small tasks we complete give the community better spaces to come together, making for a big impact.
2021 Recap: The beginning of a tradition
On September 25, 2021 in the small municipality of Sainte-Rose-du-Nord in the Saguenay-Lac-St-Jean region (population: 439), the P’tit Québec team of volunteers got right to work on the first P’tits Projets pas si P’tits destination. Throughout the day, the team completed several important projects including:
- Installation of a protective railing along a scenic walk
- Installation of a new bike rack
- Repainting the playgrounds fence and picnic tables
- Replenishing the sand in the sandbox
- Replacing a popular sitting bench
- Replacing the local school’s baseball benches
- Donated to the local senior citizen’s residence
- Donated school supplies to the Sainte-Rose Elementary School
- Over $25,000 combined in donations, equipment, and labour
- Hosting a community lunch (serving over 180 grilled cheese sandwiches!)
We praise your participation. The whole village benefits from your contribution. Thank you P'tit Québec!
Mayor from 2005 - 2021
Want to see more? Let us know!
The P’tit Québec van is heading back on the road in 2022 as part of this annual initiative to lend a hand and empower local communities across Québec. If you have any questions or if you would like us to visit your town next year, let us know down below!