Cheesy Mexican Corn Crostini
Packed with flavour easy to make, this delicious appetizer is perfect for any fiesta!
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Yields|
|10 Mins||10 Mins||Serves 12|
- 1 baguette, cut into 24 slices (1/2-inch thick slices)
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 2 cups (500 mL) canned corn kernels, drained
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) P’tit Quebec Natural Cheese Shred – Fiesta
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) mayonnaise
- 1 jalapeño pepper, halved, seeded and diced
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) lime juice
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) chili powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). Arrange baguette slices on parchment paper–lined trays. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Combine corn kernels, cheese, mayonnaise, jalapeño, lime juice, chili powder, garlic powder and salt.
- Spoon corn mixture evenly over baguette slices. Bake for 5 to 8 minutes or until corn mixture is golden and bubbly.
- Sprinkle with cilantro before serving.
Tip: Corn mixture can be made in advance, covered and refrigerated for up to 3 days.